Thursday, July 06, 2006

Everybody's Stalking

So, as unrewarding as Atlanta has been to me, I have taken my automobile and left for greener fields. In the self-righteous high that came along with toppling the Capitlized Russian Boy, I thought that I might conjure some form of a social life out of the suburban rubble of the Debussy Manor. But a single visit to Carl's house, something I had talked myself into looking forward to, brought me into the stiff arms of addiction; the price of entertainment was, apparently, a $30 purchase and a monthly subscription. I'm a reader of fantasy novels, so I figure that I had no reason not to engage in the World of Warcraft.

Soon, it consumed me. It began to preclude all other social interactions and I became aggressively single-minded, to the point that I got kicked out of my guild and blacklisted by every experienced player. Unwilling to admit social defeat to a virtual realm, I cancelled my account and threw away the software. Alan and Carl, my theoretical cohorts, had to be left behind in their false world.

With nothing left for me in Atlanta, I sent my future landlord a check and moved into my studio apartment a whole 2 months early. Yes, your question is answered here and now; I'm checking out of the suite, finally getting a decent sized space to live in, alone. I feel like Chaz won't make it back to the group, so Alan may be stuck with Vladdy. Good riddance. I'll gladly continue to share my wit with you, just as long as I don't have to share my space with you.

I hear that Atlanta's 4th of July was rained out. It's only proper, then, that I tell you that the fireworks at the Arch were fantastic; truly worthy of a national monument. I went alone, but ended up tailing a bunch of WU students for the night. I had to lose them when they got on public transportation, but I was able to find them when they got back to campus. I occasionally find myself hypnotized by women that I've never met before, and the magesty of the fireworks was no deterrent to romantic brewings.

So maybe I followed her around. It wasn't like she was alone, and it wasn't like I was going to try talking to her. Though there's a reason to hang around the library. It's not like she had a boyfriend, or one that cared enough to see the fireworks with her.

I hate doing this. I wish there was some... more normal way to go about things...

That is all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel your readers might want to know what ever happened to that lovely lady

loose threads are the sign of an inattentive and unimaginative story teller

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home