Friday, October 07, 2005

Go Home; It's Better There

Alan's comment sparked the vaguest of recollections in my mind.

With every hour I spend in this, the best of all places, I come closer to realizing my true potential as a human being. Perhaps I am approaching nirvana, or simply the end of my life on this plane of existence, trapped in my foul homo sapien form. I find that being here, my mind is freed from everyday troubles and concerns. Similarly, I am freed from the burdens of being happy, ecstatic, excited... really any feeling at all. It is mostly out of habit that I return to read the posts of my suitemates, and occasionally to post my own.

"Are your folks coming for parents' weekend?"

Parents? What... where have I heard this word before? It must mean something, have some significance from my previous life. Parents' weekend.... I know what a weekend is, but I can't quite recall....

All at once, I was gripped by the fear, remembering not only that I have "folks", but that they are, in fact, coming to visit me this weekend.

I am not sure what this will entail. Were things to go well, we would meet only long enough to assure them that I am still alive. I am certain that this is not their plan. They are staying the whole weekend. Surely they have no other reason to come to St. Louis, the linty belly-button of the United States; the arch, a piercing of the distended belly of this obese nation.

Perhaps I can find someone to stand in for me, to take care of my p...progenitors while I continue to pursue enlightenment in West County.

Anyone willing to take on this burden should contact me immediately.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home