Thursday, October 13, 2005

Video Game Week / You Loathsome Fools

Perhaps it is my strong sense of symmetry that keeps me coming back here. Perhaps it's my desire for omniscience. Whatever it is, I have sought out a computer to bring you yet another theme week post. Were it not for these themed weekly posts, I might have achieved enlightenment long ago. I'm certain that each time I use a computer, I fall further through the ranks of reincarnation; if I posted half as much as Alan, and I were to die today, I'd be lucky to come back as a rat.

As usual, my niche is unrepresented by my peers. I don't do fighting games, or anything that requires coordination; if I wanted to be coordinated, I'd go outside and get a football; then I'd get good at football. Alan's theme week posts strike closer to my interests than the other's do; the storyline of the Zelda series always interested me, and the strategy and puzzle elements were, at least, unique. I was always put off by the real-time gameplay. I want time to think and to plot. I don't want to be quick; I want to be right.

Final Fantasy VII was the apex of the series. FFIII was interesting, but the graphics and humor were pathetic. The latter-day FF games are falling victim to The Sims fad, and they remind me more of an RPG-styled "The Real World" than of the the world is about to end and we need you and a rag-tag bunch of eclectic adventurers to save us....again-style that I know and love.

Gaze upon your master....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Regarding my progenitors, and their visit last weekend: I dealt with them properly. It was important that I conceal my true day-to-day activities, as they are too simple to understand to pursuit of purest truth and indifference; aside from a few meals, I made myself out to be so incredibly busy with schoolwork that I couldn't spare a moment. I did not allow them to visit my mall. I wouldn't want my reputation soiled, nor would I want anyone sharing my surname to actually buy a non-consumable product there.

Surely, I will return to this forum next week. Until then, I hope you all die.

And I mean that.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home